CSCP is a designation that supplies and delivers excellence
Being a Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) sends a clear message that you have mastery of supply chain and logistics. Given the growing population in the world, supply chain and logistics has a ‘demanding’ and expanding number of consumers to satisfy on a local level. Customers in today’s marketplace expect high quality, low prices, fast turnaround, and on-time delivery.
To compete successfully, organizations must improve supply chain performance. As a result, supply chain management professionals who follow best practices, understand the processes, and can communicate effectively with other team members, play an increasingly important role in the success of their organizations. And so, APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) designees are members of an elite group of supply chain experts.
Certified Supply Chain Professional excels at:
- Understands the ever-evolving supply chain management field and operations
- Delivers viable solutions using the most suitable means
- Has insight and know-how in: various flows, business relations, technology selection, aligning supply chain to strategic business goals, supply chain infrastructures and more
- Offers companies an end-to-end outlook on the supply chain thus heightening expertise and client satisfaction
The CSCP is a respected and valued credential in the supply chain and logistics community and is your ticket to career success. While the CSCP certification is beneficial for every professional working in the supply chain field, it is especially ideal for individuals wanting the edge.
Today CSCPs can look forward to:
- Greater career opportunities
- Faster promotion
- Advantageous specialized knowledge of international supply chain & logistics
- Esteem from employers
- Improved performance for companies
Benefits of the CSCP Program
Becoming a CSCP means you have to pass an exam. The CSCP program sharpens skills and useful competencies that are essential to your career’s success:
- Superior supply chain and logistics knowledge base (theoretical and practical)
- Top-notch insight into the complete supply chain
- The capability to maximize efficiency by managing complex global supply chain activities and interacting with resources and ERP system
- Advantageous focus on lead time, productivity and end results
- The chance to spearhead the field on an international level
- The understanding of implementation strategies including customer relationship management (CRM), advanced planning and scheduling (APS) systems and even companies benefit from CSCPs in many ways.
With APICS CSCP, employees will have:
- The proven knowledge and organizational skills to strategically streamline operations
- The tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities that involve suppliers, plants, distributors, and customers located around the world
- The skills to create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate wide communication
- An understanding of the valuable technologies that drive planning and management of successful operations.
In addition to nurturing all these indispensable skills, the APCIS CSCP program gives you the insider’s edge.
Supply Chain Real World Relevance
Take a closer look at the content the CSCP covers. With such rich material and pertinent topics, the CSCP really symbolizes the height of supply chain and logistics.
Module 1: APICS Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
- Broad concepts of supply chain management, including primary processes, objectives, integration methods and benefits
- Alignment of supply chain and business strategies
- Key considerations for supply chain design and continuous improvement
- Key measures for planning and controlling inventories
- Fundamentals of logistics in supply chain management
- Identifying and managing market segments
- Demand forecasting and management techniques
- Keys to effective CRM
- Core concepts of supply management
Module 2: APICS Supply Chain Strategy, Design, and Compliance
- Sustainability practices in design and operation of a supply chain
- Risk, its sources, impacts, and mitigation methods
- Globally dispersed supply and demand, and the impact of free trade zones and trading blocs
- Globalization effects on inbound and outbound logistics
- Measurement of, and efficiency and responsiveness in the supply chain
- Technologies for design, data, operations and communications in supply chain management
- Factors influencing demand, including design, marketing, selling, and matching customer order
- Core concepts of CRM, including strategies, technologies, and key implementation challenges
- Fundamentals of supplier relationship management (SRM), including strategies, improved management of sources, relevant technologies and measurement
- Inventory planning and control methods
Module 3: APICS Implementation and Operations
- Supply chain dynamics and the balance of responsiveness and efficiency
- Managing supply from internal and external sources
- Implementation of demand plans, including prioritization and fulfillment, and capturing and communicating point-of-sale data
- Tools and techniques to support continuous improvement strategies
CSCP Certification Basic Requirements
Before you start your journey towards becoming a CSCP, you have to meet certain requirements. But with CPC’s step-by-step assistance, everything is simple.
CSCP Exam Basic Requirements
Not just anyone can become a CSCP. Why? Because the CSCP is a very specific professional designation and is a badge of excellence.
And so to qualify to take the APICS CSCP exam you need to meet one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus two years of related business experience
- APICS CFPIM, APICS CPIM, APICS CIRM, or C.P.M. designation plus two years of related business experience
- Five years of related business experience.
APICS defines “related experience” as work that is directly connected to some aspect of the supply chain. This can include raw materials extraction, transportation and logistics, procurement, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, retail, customer service, software design and support, and other areas that directly affect the supply chain. Workers who operate transportation or materials moving equipment or machines or processing equipment that require an intermediate level of training would qualify.
About the CSCP Exam
The CSCP is one complete exam that tests for competence in three main areas:
- Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Strategy, Design, and Compliance
- Implementation and Operations
- The CSCP exam is a 4-Hour, Computer-Based Exam or Paper and Pencil Exam with 175 multiple-choice questions.
CSCP Exam Schedule and Locations
Since the CSCP is now recognized as the standard for professional excellence in end-to-end supply chain management by leading firms around the globe, the CSCP exam can be taken in several locations around the world.
|2014 exam dates (CBT)
- 22 March – 10 May
- 7 June – 5 July
- 16 August – 13 September
- 1 November – 13 December
|2015 exam dates (CBT)
- 21 March – 9 May
- 6 June – 4 July
- 15 August – 12 September
- 31 October – 12 December
Once you’ve met all the requirements, you can start applying so you can take the official exam. The application process is easy, just:
- Obtain an APICS customer number. If you are already an APICS member, your membership number is your APICS customer number. If you cannot remember your APICS customer number or do not have an APICS customer number, contact the certification administrator for assistance.
- Complete the eligibility application online. Visit apics.org/CSCP to access the online form. To ensure your APICS CSCP eligibility application is processed, complete all requested information and submit your application before the eligibility application deadline. OR
- If you do not wish to apply online, you may download a copy of the APICS CSCP eligibility application from the APICS Web site at apics.org/CSCP. Complete the application, which must contain your signature and the date. Return the completed application to APICS by the schedule deadline as listed on the APICS Web site at apics.org for paper-and-pencil candidates or to be received two weeks before you plan to schedule a CBT exam. Applications received after this date will not be processed for that administration.
- APICS will review applications and notify candidates via e-mail of their eligibility status within two weeks of receipt. Candidates will receive either an authorization to- test notice, which indicates that the candidate’s application was approved, or a notice that the application was denied. Candidates who receive an authorization to- test notice may proceed with the APICS CSCP exam registration. Candidates who receive a denied notice will have the opportunity to provide the required additional information. Please note that the two-week response time applies again in this case.
The APICS CSCP score range is from 200 to 350. A score of 300 or higher is required to pass the exam. Fail = 200–299, Pass = 300–350
Registering for a Paper-and-Pencil Exam:
- Contact the APICS international certification administrator in your area for up-to-date information on locations. The certification administrator also will provide you with information on registration fees, accepted forms of payment, registration deadlines, and general procedures.
- You must have an APICS customer number to register. If you do not remember your APICS customer number, contact the certification administrator. The use of a single customer number enables APICS to accurately merge your testing information into your APICS records.
- Complete the registration form.
- Forward your completed registration form and registration fee payment directly to the certification administrator. Access the APICS Web site at apics.org/certification/ administrators for the most updated list.
Register for the online Exam:
- Candidates must have an authorization-to-test notice to be able to register for an exam.
- Contact the local administrator to register for an exam. Access the APICS Web site at apics.org/certification/ administrators for the most updated list of international contacts.
- Once you have registered with the local office, you will receive notification from APICS or the local administrator that you are able to schedule your exam with Pearson VUE.
- Candidates must access the Pearson VUE Web site at pearsonvue.com/APICS to schedule the exam.
- You must have your APICS ID number available throughout the registration process.